Suya is the most popular street food in Nigeria and some other countries in West Africa. It is meat (Chicken or Beef) generously seasoned with the special Suya spice blend and grilled to perfection. The Suya spice blend is a medley of roasted peanuts, ginger, pepper, and other spices, that turns ordinary meat into a truly delicious culinary experience. As delicious as Suya is, it is really easy to make in your oven, outside on a grill, or even in an Air-Fryer. Try this recipe, and let me know what you think.
Suya Chicken Wings
- Airfryer, Oven, or Grill
- 10 Chicken Wings (Flats)
- 1/4 cup of Supa Spice
- 1/4 cup of Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of Chicken Bouillon (Optional)
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Wash the Chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry.
- To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly into a smooth paste.
- Add the wings to the marinade, making sure the wings are thoroughly coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film, and let the chicken marinate for atleast an hour.
- At the end of the marinating process, cook your chicken using your desired cooking method. Today, I would be using my trusty air fryer.
- Roast the wings in the airfryer for 15 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle some more suya spice on the chicken wings and serve hot with sliced red onions.