If you are like me, and you love mushrooms, then you’d totally love this easy dish. It is healthy, delicious and so easy to whip up. You can have this for lunch or dinner, or as the perfect side dish to any other meal…..Steak or Salmon maybe…..yum! Who else is salivating here? 🙂 😋. Anyway, let’s get right to it!
Shiitake Mushroom & Green Beans
- 4 cups Green Beans
- 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms (Portobello or any other mushroom would do actually, so no pressure)
- 1 bulb Onion
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Minced Habanero Pepper (Optional, but I love things spicy, and I know you would too)
- 3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds for garnishing ‘cos who doesn’t love those tiny little seeds of cuteness?
- Clean and trim the green beans.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes till the beans turn to a bight green color. Drain and shock the beans in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Remove the beans from the ice bath and dry on a paper towel.
- In a saute pan, add some olive oil and butter and use it to saute the sliced onions and mushrooms for about 2-4 minutes, or till the Mushrooms and Onions are softened and fragrant.
- Add the Green Beans to the saute pan and saute for about 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the minced Garlic, Ginger and Habanero Pepper. Saute for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Add the Oyster Sauce and Lemon Zest. Saute for 1 more minute, allowing the sauce to heat through.
- Serve on your favorite platter, and garnish with the sesame seeds. Enjoy!