This all-season soup recipe is the perfect comfort food that is not just absolutely delicious, but also good for the body. The healthy combination of chicken and kale with the creamy white cannellini beans makes for a truly hearty soup recipe that is destined to be a staple in your home. To kick things up a notch, I added a habanero pepper to this recipe. The flavor of the pepper is not only amazing, but the heat would help clear out stuffy sinuses and calm the nerves. Try it!
Chicken, Kale & White Bean Soup
- 4 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 cups of Shredded Chicken (Shredded Rotisserie Chicken is perfect for this recipe)
- 1-2 cups of Cannellini Beans (Canned)
- 2-3 cups of Kale
- 1-2 cups of Sliced Mushrooms (any mushroom type would do)
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Onions
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup of Roasted Bell Peppers (optional or you can substitute with cherry tomatoes)
- 1 Habanero Pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 Lemon
- Dried Dill (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- In a soup pot, melt the butter and use it to saute the mushrooms for about 2 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to soften. Season the Mushrooms with Salt and Pepper.
- Add the chopped onions to the pot and saute together with the mushrooms for another 2 minutes, stirring continously to prevent the onions from burning.
- Add in the minced garlc and cook for about a minute to cook off the raw garlic flavor.
- Gently add the chicken stock, chicken, cannellini beans and whole habanero pepper to the pot. Stir and cover the pot. Let simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the roasted bell pepper, kale and dried dill. Stir and cover the pot and let simmer on low to medium heat for an additional 15 minutes. If you have the time, you can choose to simmer the sooup on really low heat for a longer period of time to give the flavors mkre time to marry.
- Squeeze some lemon juice onto the soup and serve hot. Enjoy!