This Chicken dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser! The creaminess from the mozzarella and Tuscan sauce pairs beautifully with the earthiness of the mushrooms to create a truly delightful dish that you, your family and guests would love. Try it!
Mozzarella & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Creamy Tuscan Sauce
- 2 medium or large Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless)
- 1 cup of Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup of Sun-dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of Minced Jalapeno Peppers (any other hot pepper would do)
- 1 handful of chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
Marinade for the Chicken
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Seasoning Powder (any chicken seasoning of your choice)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Make your marinade. In a bowl, make the Chicken marinade by combining all the marinade spices with the Olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Marinate the Chicken. Place your Chicken breasts in a freezer bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal and shake vigorously to ensure the chicken is coated by the marinade. Let the Chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Cook the mushrooms.Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter in a cast iron skillet and use that to saute your mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stuff the chicken.Using a sharp knife, carefully slice into the side of the marinated Chicken breasts to create a pouch. Stuff the Chicken with the cooked mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Be careful not to overstuff the chicken so the stuffing does not spill out(See the attached video to see how it’s done).
- Cook the Chicken.Using the same cast iron skillet, sear the stuffed chicken for about 2 minutes per side to give the chicken some color and heightened flavor. Transfer the skillet with the Chicken into your preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 375oF. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a platter to rest.NB. If you are not using a cast iron or any other type of oven-safe skillet, you can simply transfer the chicken to a baking sheet before placing it in the oven.
- Make the Tuscan Sauce.Melt 1/2 Tbsp of butter in the same skillet and saute your garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Add your heavy cream and simmer for just a minute. Then add the parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and any leftover mushrooms. Season your sauce with salt and pepper and finish it up with some chopped parsley.
- Return the Chicken to the Pan.Return the Chicken to the Pan and let simmer in the sauce for 3-5 minutes on low heat, basting the chicken with the sauce as you go.
- Serve and Enjoy!Serve with some steam veggies and or rice. Enjoy!