Here’s a quick and easy sautéed peas and mushroom dish that can be served both as a side dish and entree. It is healthy and keto-friendly, and the bacon adds such a beautiful flavor to the dish. You should try it!
NB: Skip the bacon for a vegan version of this recipe.
Sauteed Peas & Mushroom
- 2 Cups Peas
- 2 Cups Thinly Sliced Portobello Mushrooms (You may substitute with any other type of Mushroom)
- 2-3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp Chopped Bacon (uncooked)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Black Pepper
- Begin by sauteing the bacon for 2-3 minutes to render the fat.
- Add the butter to the pan followed by the sliced mushroom. Saute for 5 minutes or until mushroom is softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushroom has softened, add the garlic and saute for a minute to cook out the raw flavor of the garlic.
- Add the peas to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes till the peas are cooked, tossing or stirring continuously. Be careful however not to overcook your peas.
- Serve as a side dish or entre. Enjoy!