Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert made with Cream and a thickener (usually Gelatin). In this recipe, I used plant-based agar agar to substitute the gelatin for a healthier more vegan-friendly dessert. To make this dessert completely vegan, swap out the heavy cream for Coconut or other vegan creams.
This recipe is quick, easy and can be ready in just about 45 minutes! So let’s get right to it!
Coconut Panna Cotta with Agar Agar
- Sauce Pan/Pot
- Glass Cups or any other preferred serving dish or mold
- 1 Tbsp Agar Agar Use more or less for a firmer or softer consistency
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mango Sauce or Any of your favorite dessert sauce Link to my homemade Mango Sauce recipe – https://youtu.be/52iYISPyhoY
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot or saucepan (except the topping of course)
- Set the pot on the stove and bring to a simmer
- Sinner on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring continously
- Transfer your panna cotta batter to your cups or mold
- Place the panna cotta in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until fully set.
- Add your favorite topping and Enjoy!