This simple recipe of bowtie pasta tossed in a super creamy creamed spinach and mushroom mix is the perfect dinner every family member would love. Paired with your favorite drink, this dish would be great for a romantic dinner with a special someone. It takes only about 30 minutes to whip this deliciousness up, so let’s get right to it!
Creamed Spinach Pasta
Servings: 4 people
- 8 oz Bow Tie (1/2 box)
- 10 oz Spinach (1 small bag)
- 16 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 large Jalapeno Peppers (minced)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Cook till pasta is al dente. While the pasta is cooking, proceed with making the creamed spinach.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet. Add the butter to the skillet.
- Saute the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes till softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the minced onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute to cook out the raw onion and garlic flavor. Add the jalapenos and cherry tomatoes and saute for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the shredded cheese mix to the skillet. Stir till the cheese melts and is fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Drain and add the pasta to the skillet and stir thoroughly till every piece of pasta is coated with that delicious cheesy sauce.
- Add the spinach and stir till the spinach wilts. There's no need to cook the spinach, just a cook till it wilts.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Oh, and feel free to add some extra shavings of parmesan cheese 🙂