What could be better than a bowl of creamy soup?…well….roasted tomato soup for sure! Roasting the tomatoes intensifies the flavors and adds some sweetness to the dish. Add in some freshly sauteed shrimp or other seafood, and you wind up with heaven in every scoop! Lets get right to it!
Shrimp in Roasted Tomato Bisque
- Baking Dish or Cookie Sheet
- Immersion Blender or Regular Blender
- Soup Pot
- 1/2 Pound Raw Shrimp
- 10 Fresh Tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small Onion bulb (cut up in large chunks)
- 5 large cloves of Garlic
- 1 small Habanero Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 4-5 Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Clean and cut up your tomatoes in quarters. Cut up your bell pepper and Onions in large chunks. Peel your garlic.
- Brush some olive oil on the bottom of your baking dish. This would keep things from sticking to the dish.
- Add your tomatoes to the dish and arrange in a single layer. Follow up with the red bell pepper, onions, habanero, and garlic. Top it up with a splash of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place the baking dish in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting in the oven, heat up some olive oil in your soup pan and use it to saute the shrimps in for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Once cooked, remove the shrimp from the pot and set aside.
- Transfer the roasted components to the soup pot, add the chicken stock, cover the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, turn off the stove and let the tomatoes cool down for a minute or two. Using your immersion blender, blend to a very smooth consistency. If you don't have an immersion blender, you may use a regular blender to blend the ingredients and return it to the pat afterwards.
- Return the pot to the heat and bring to a slow simmer. Add the heavy cream to the soup, along with the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the pre-cooked Shrimp to the soup and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!