Shrimps, or any kind of seafood for that matter, paired with Coconut cream is a match made in heaven! I really love this recipe because not only is it extremely delicious, but it is also so easy to make. It is a one-pan dish that is ready in less than 30 minutes, and don’t we all love 30-minutes dinners? The key to nailing this recipe is to use really fresh Shrimps and coconut cream. Of course, you can substitute coconut cream with coconut milk, but you would be sacrificing that delicious creaminess of the coconut cream. Enough talk, let’s get right to the recipe!
- 1/2 pound of Raw Peeled Jumbo Shrimp
- 2 cups of Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup of Jalapeno (sliced)
- 2 tbsps of Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsps of Onions (minced)
- 2 tbsps of Red Bell Pepper (minced)
- 1 small Lemon
- 1 handful of Parsley (chopped)
- Paprika, Salt & Black Pepper
- Saute the shrimps in Olive oil for about 3-5 minutes, flipping the shrimps halfway through the cooking time. Season with paprika, salt, and black pepper. Be careful not to overcook the shrimps so you don’t end up with rubbery shrimps.
- Once cooked, remove the shrimps from the pan and set aside.
- Add a knob of butter to the same pan and saute the onions for about 2-3 minutes till translucent and fragrant.
- Add the minced Garlic, Jalapenos and red bell peppers. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut cream to the pan, stir and let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and the juice of one lemon.
- Return the shrimps to the pan and stir to coat the shrimps with that deliciously spicy sauce.
- Finish up with a handful of chopped parsley and serve over a bed of steamed basmati rice.