Almost everyone’s favorite thing to order at their favorite Diner is home fries because of how amazing these crispy yet mushy delicious potato bites are. Paired with Bacon, spicy Jalapenos and easy eggs, home fries makes for the perfect breakfast or brunch. But why eat out and when you can make these yourself? Try it!
Bacon & Jalapeno Home Fries
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 Cup of Bacon (chopped)
- 2 Jalapenos (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Onions
- 1 Handful of Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Black pepper
- Seasoned Salt
- Peel and cut up your Potatoes into medium bite-sized cubes. Place your potatoes in a microwave-safe dish for about 5-7 minutes till the potatoes are almost completely cooked but not mushy. The smaller your potato cubes, the less time you’ll have to microwave it. You can also cook your potatoes on the stove if you wish, just be careful not to overcook it.
- Once your potatoes are cooked take them out of the microwave and season with Paprika, Seasoned Salt and Black Pepper. Toss to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- In a heated cast-iron skillet or any other kind of skillet, add a splash of oil and use it to cook the bacon till it is cooked and the fat has been rendered. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add some extra oil to the bacon fat and use that to cook the potatoes. Cook on medium-to-high heat till the potato cubes are golden and crispy on all sides. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- About 2 minutes into the potato cooking time, add in the Onions and 1 Tbsp of butter. Continue to toss or flip the potatoes to ensure all the sides get some good color.
- Once the potato cubes are golden all round, add in the garlic, Jalapenos, cooked bacon. Cook and stir for about a minute to cook out the raw garlic flavor.
- Finish up with a handful of chopped Parsley and give the home fries one final stir.
- Serve hot with some easy sunny-side up eggs.Enjoy!