The distinct flavor and colorfulness of Salmon,coupled with the ease of cooking it, makes Salmon my everyday fish of choice. You can jazz it up for a fancy dinner or pair it down for a simple dish. Speaking of fancy dinners, this Salmon in creamy Tuscan sauce is perfect for dinner with a special person. The beauty of this dish is that it is so easy to prepare and the creamy sauce pairs perfectly with the fist. you should try it!
Salmon in Creamy Tuscan Sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Salmon Filets
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar (or Lemon Juice)
- 1/4 cup of Sun-dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of diced Onions
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of Minced Habanero Peppers (any other hot pepper would do)
- 1 handful of chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Season the Fish.Season your fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Make sure to season both sides of the fish generously.
- Cook the Fish.Heat up about 2 tbsp of Olive oil in a pan and use it to cook the fish. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Make the Tuscan Sauce.Melt 1/2 Tbsp of butter in the same skillet and saute the onions till the onions are soft and translucent – about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno and saute for another minute. Add the white wine vinegar, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes and simmer for about 2-3 minutes while stirring. Season with salt and pepper.Finish the sauce up with the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Return the fish to the pan.Return the fish to the Pan and let simmer in the sauce for about 1 minute on low heat, basting the fish with the sauce as you go.
- Serve and Enjoy!Serve with some steamed rice or linguini. Enjoy!