Shrimp is probably everyone’s favorite seafood, and yet so many people struggle with coming up with innovative ways of cooking it. This recipe is a quick and easy way to make your shrimp. It is so tasty and will be ready in only a few short minutes. You can serve this sweet and sour shrimp over steamed rice, steamed veggies, or you can eat it all by itself. It is that delicious. I’ll show you how!
Sweet, Sour & Spicy Shrimp
- 2 lbs of Shrimp (raw and peeled)
- 2-3 cups Sweet & Sour Sauce (Kikkoman or any other store-bought sauce would do. Youcan also make your own sauce if you wish)
- 2 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar (you can substitute this with Lemon juice)
- 4 Tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1 – 2 Tbsp of Paprika
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Scotch-bonnet Pepper (any hot chili would do)
- 1 handful of Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 handful of Chopped Scallions (Spring Onions)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Canola or Olive Oil
- Batter the ShrimpsClean and pat dry your shrimps and place them to a large bowl. To the shrimp, add your white wine vinegar and stir thoroughly. Then add the corn starch, paprika, salt and black pepper. Mix thorough to ensure each shrimp is coated with the batter. Set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes to give the batter time to set.
- Cook the ShrimpsAdd your oil to a heated pan and heat oil till very hot (about 350oF). Cook the shrimp on Medium to high heat for 1-2 minutes per side till the shrimps are perfect without being overcooked. Once cooked, remove the shrimps from the pan and set aside. Drain the excess oil from your skillet.
- Make your SauceIn the same pan/skillet, met down your butter and use it to saute the garlic for about a minute, followed by the ginger and scotch-bonnet pepper. Be careful not to burn your garlic. Add your Sweet and Sour Sauce to the pan and let simmer on low heat for about 2 minute, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- Return the Shrimps to the panAdd the shrimps back into the pan, stirring to ensure all the shrimps get coated by that delicious sauce. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes, then garnish with the parsley, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve and Enjoy!Serve immediately with a side of piping hot steamed rice. Enjoy!